We’re officially on the countdown to Christmas, and that can only mean one thing – it’s time to bring out the festive activities! There’s so many fun and colourful ways to get the kids involved in Christmas DIYs, however our favourite here at Shine are these melting snowman biscuits.
You can choose to make your own biscuit base, or simply get your hands on some shop-bought digestives or shortbread to decorate. In just a few easy steps, you’ll have a plate of festive cheer in no time!
Ingredients to decorate:
- Icing sugar
- Icing decorating pens – black, or whichever colour you would like to use
- Mini marshmallows
- Sprinkles; you will need the orange ones for our snowman nose
- Simply start by mixing water with icing sugar to create your base. Layer onto a biscuit and leave to the side. Cover as many biscuits as you would like to do.
- Add a mini marshmallow to the centre of your biscuit to create your snowman’s head.
- Next, draw the eyes and mouth on to the marshmallow. Then, using a little bit of runny icing, stick an orange sprinkle onto the centre of the marshmallow for the nose.
- Draw in the arms and add 2 smarties to the centre of the biscuit for his buttons.
- Leave to set for an hour and enjoy!